Sunday, February 9, 2014

C4T #1 Summary

I was assigned to Mrs. Henrietta Miller's blog called Classroom Chronicles where I commented on two different blog post's. I commented on "A New Beginning" and "Our Class Essential Agreement".

C4T #1 comment #1

Mrs. Miller's first post I commented on was called "A New Beginning". The post was about how she was starting back to school soon and she realized she had not been preparing for the new semester like she should have. As any teacher would, she was beginning to panic a little. She then read a few articles that made her realize that it is ok and to take her time. Mrs. Miller talked about balancing your work life and school life which can be difficult sometimes. I responded by saying we over work ourselves in many aspects of our lives. As a perfectionist, stressing over simple things can make a day very overwhelming so I have had to teach myself to take everything in my life one step at a time. If I do not, I get very overwhelmed and it is not a pretty sight. I also said when I become a teacher I want to do my best to have a balanced life between school and my personal life. I want my students to be constantly learning and excelling as much as possible but I also want to have a personal life at the same time.

Image of the quote: Don't stress, do your best, forget the rest
C4T #1 comment #2

Mrs. Miller's second post I commented on was called "Our Class Essential Agreement". The post was about how she sets certain rules or standards in her classroom. She places certain questions around the room for the students to answer on a sticky note and the students place their ideas by each question. As a class they talk about what everyone's ideas are and then are broken up into small groups to talk about a one certain question that was asked. They agree on ten statements and then each student chooses one of the statements and modifies the statement to fit them personally. They are then put into new small groups creating the classroom standards that make up their "Class Essential Agreement". At any time the agreement can be changed or modified but it is posted on the wall in the classroom for the class to go by through out the year. I responded by saying it was a great idea. Mrs. Miller gave the students a base to start from and allowed them to mold and change the standards they will go by through out the year. It gives the students a sense of community and allows them to have a role in how the classroom is ran. I will use this in my classroom one day because I think by allowing the students to have a role in how they learn and how things are run in the classroom, it makes them want to learn more.

Image of the word Inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment